Strong words, or words have power! You’ve probably heard this slogan thousands of times. However, you probably don’t wonder what it could mean for the promotion of your online store or other business you run online. You might think that the image is the most important in advertising, and words are secondary. In reality, it’s the combination of these two elements that is the recipe for success, especially in email marketing, where the recipient first sees words: (1) the subject of the message. (2) Then any images—such as product photos—that you include in the email content.
This post is intended for people who want to discover powerful words and learn how to use words economically and skillfully to build a valuable message. I’ll present you with a list of words that have great attracting power and can capture the attention of potential customers. You’ll find that sometimes less is more, and you’ll learn how to improve ad conversion.
How strong words affect reception.
Surely, while reading the introduction, you thought to yourself, ‘these are just words.’ It’s understandable; after all, we browse social media posts, read newspapers, articles, books, and use the written word in communication with friends every day. We see thousands, even hundreds of thousands of words. However, it’s worth asking the question: what percentage of the message stays with us longer or motivates us to take action? What powerful words influence our decisions.
Exactly. We forget most of these texts shortly after finishing reading them. Sometimes we even skip text blocks when we see them on our Facebook timelines. Let’s be honest; nobody has time to read ads! No matter how good the product is, the recipient won’t be convinced if the message doesn’t reach them. However, powerful words do reach us, and based on them, we make decisions, such as purchasing.
So, what can you do to attract the recipient’s attention and interest them enough to spend time getting to know the offer? You need to realize that words have weight, words have power. Powerful words hit with a great force in their message. No matter how much you write, but what words you use. Let’s use an example. When you see the word “good,” what emotions does it evoke in you?
Although the word has a positive connotation, our feelings associated with it are rather neutral when we see it in an ad. It is very often used in everyday communication, and therefore, it does not have such great importance. If, instead, you see the word “luxurious,” “wonderful,” or “best,” your feelings change.
How to use strong words to improve ad conversion.
Now that you know that every word, especially powerful words, carries some emotional charge, it’s time to learn how to use them when creating ads. When planning an email, Facebook post, or landing page text, take into account the feelings of the recipient.
– What does that mean? Put yourself in the shoes of a potential customer, besides, you are one yourself. Think about what emotions your message will evoke, — see what affects you, what powerful words evoke the greatest emotions in you. Will these words you use contribute to achieving the goal you set for yourself? Words can arouse interest, evoke FOMO (fear of missing out), or the desire not to miss something interesting or take advantage of an opportunity.
Of course, instilling fear in a person is not positive and good. It’s better to focus on arousing the customer’s interest in a particular product than instilling fear in them. None of us should be afraid in our lives. I believe that if the product is of good quality, it will find customers. An example of this is the development of our company ECAT eCommerce. Registrations are there, and we are operating for now without marketing. – See point 3 in Marketing without spending money in the article: Why the Czech market is the first country, surpassing England and Spain?
Words that pack a punch
Below, I present powerful words. You will find words and phrases on the list that carry emotional weight. Use them in headlines, tags, message titles, posts, landing pages, and everywhere you will be posting your advertising message.
A piece of cake
Of course, these are not all powerful words. There are many more. It’s worth making a list of such words to be able to use them more easily when writing texts.
Below are more examples of using powerful words. Sample Use of powerful words in advertising message
- Discover the secret of longevity! Read the extraordinary interview with the world’s oldest person.
- They want to conceal the truth from you. Discover it before it gets erased/hidden again.
- Find out how to triple your profit. Apply this one strange method…
- Watch your favorite movies without limits! Premium subscription only until the end of the day.
- Prices in our store have dropped ridiculously low! It’s almost theft.
- See the shocking truth about earning online. They won’t tell you this in business school…
- Want to start a blog that will gain popularity? A piece of cake!
- See how to turn your side business into the main source of income!”